When We See His Name Pay Attention
“Pay attention to him and listen to his voice; do not defy him, for he will not forgive rebellion, since My Name is in him.” Exodus 23:21
LORD, YHVH, save us, we pray. We beseech You, O LORD, YHVH cause us to prosper! Blessed is he who comes in the Name of the LORD YHVH. From the house of the LORD YHVH we bless you.” Psalm 118:25, 26
Jesus Said, I Have Come In MY Father’s Name
“I have come in My Father’s Name, but you have not received me, but if someone else comes in his own name, you will receive him.” John 5:43“They took palm branches and went out to meet Him, shouting: “Hosanna!”’Blessed is He who comes in the Name of
O LORD YHVH our God, and gather us from the nations, that we may give thanks to Your Holy Name, that we may glory in Your praise.” Psalm 106:47
What’s In a Name?Shakespeare’s Juliet was spot on when she said, “What’s in a name…” because the English language has no concept of just how revealing a Name can be in Hebrew. Here is a list of some Biblical names that contain the Eternal Name of our Creator YHVH, He Is, Was and Always Will Be:
- Yehoshua, means, “YHVH’s Salvation.” Transliterated from Hebrew into English as Joshua and Greek as Jesus.
- Yeshayahu, “YHVH Is Salvation.” Transliterated Isaiah.
- Hosheyahu, “Salvation of YHVH.” Tansliterated Hoshea, Hosea. (Notice Moses changed Hoshea’s name to Yehoshua; Numbers 11:28; Numbers 13:16. Both Hoshea and Yeshua come from the Hebrew root Yasha #3467, Salvation. After Babylonian Captivity Yehoshua was predominately shortened to Yeshua, Salvation, Nehemiah 8:17.)
- Yirmeyahu, “YHVH Will Exalt.” Jeremiah.
- Eliyyahu, “My God Is YHVH.” Elijah.
- Yehudah, “Praise YHVH.” Judah.
- Mattihyahu, “Gift of YHVH.” Matthew.
- Yahukanan, “YHVH Is Merciful/Gracious.” Jochanan, John.
- Toviyyahu, “YHVH Is Good.” Tobias.
- Zakaryahu, “YHVH has Remembered.” Zachariah.
- Zebadyahu, “YHVH has Bestowed/Endowed.” Zebediah,
- Tzephanyahu, “Protected/Treasured by YHVH.” Zephaniah, (meanings verified at Biblehub.com and wikipedia)
First the Physical Then the SpiritualThe Bible culminates with the promise/covenant YHVH gives to Abraham. The physical promise that reveals the Spiritual.
“So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being;” the last Adam a life-giving Spirit. The Spiritual, however, was not first, but the physical, and then the Spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven/Spirit.” 1 Corinthians 15:45, 46, 47This is the Good News for All mankind. YHVH’s Salvation was first revealed physically through His “firstborn son” Israel, (watch for this figurative language, God reveals what He “brings forth”), Exodus 4:22. Israel is the physical picture of YHVH’s ultimate Spiritual Salvation for All People. In Abraham’s Seed All peoples of the earth will be blessed. Genesis 12:3; Genesis 18:18; Genesis 22:18; Genesis 26:4; Genesis 28:14; Jeremiah 4:2; Galatians 3:8
“Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, and to seeds, as of many; but as of One, And to your Seed, which is Christ/Messiah/Anointed.” Galatians 3:16
Jesus/Yehoshua Did Come In His Father’s NameThe casual Bible reader will never notice the thousands of times YHVH’s Name has been replaced by LORD. They will not wonder why Yehoshua, YHVH’s Salvation, was shortened to Yeshua, Salvation, after Judah’s return from Babylonian captivity. Not speaking the ineffable “Name” is a common/pagan superstition. Those who search the original Hebrew will find YHVH instructs His people to proclaim His Name.
“and on that day you will say: “Give thanks to
the LORD YHVH; proclaim His Name! Make His works known among the nations/peoples; declare that His Name is exalted.” Isaiah 12:4
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matthew 7:7; 8.; Deuteronomy 4:29; Jeremiah 29:13